Friday, January 28, 2011

Words of Advice...And probably longer than 10 days to go

Ok, so today's blog is a bit of a vent and special words of advice to all those out there thinking they are making a nice comment to a 38 1/2 week pregnant woman....

Ok, here it is...
When you feel compelled to make a comment about a pregnant woman's belly/size, etc...DON'T...at least, stop...think...and then speak...don't tell me that I look bigger, don't tell me that I look cute with a big belly and seriously don't tell me "you look like you are expanding westward and about to bust"...it's not funny, cute and it doesn't mesh well with the hormones that are running wild through my body right now...

Of course, in hindsight, I understand you are trying to be nice and think that you are making me feel good with a nice comment - but say, "how are you?", "you look great", "you look healthy", "pregnancy looks good on you"...and if you can't say any of those options honestly, then just go for a simple "hello"....please use this advice when addressing all pregnant moms to be - it will go a long way! And perhaps save you from getting the wrath of the mom to be:)

So, with that being said, I don't have any update, other than I think Baby M is very cozy and enjoys hanging out in my belly.  We are still 10 days out from our due date, and I am expecting a minimum of 10 days before we meet this little one. 

Stay tuned!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. over a week since the last post! i'm dying over here! :) kidding. great to catch up last weekend, can't wait for baby news! (or uneventful updates) love ya!

    ReplyDelete