Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Waiting Game...13 days

Well,  I have a new appreciation for moms-to-be in waiting...this pregnancy was going so fast until last week, and now...the brakes have been put into full force! So now we wait and anticipate the arrival of this little one.

My friend Natalie had her baby girl on Friday (Congrats Nat & Nick!) and she shared with me that it is the most amazing feeling to see your little baby and how you fall immediately in love more than you could ever imagine.  I think that is SO cool! I am already so in love with this little one (even when I can't sleep at night and my hips hurt) that I can only imagine that love growing exponentially!  What a blessing!

Being such a planner, this whole idea of having baby run the show of when he/she arrives is certainly out of my element:) Ha!  I guess I have to get used to the idea of who will be running the show for a bit here very soon.  So now I just enjoy the last few days of peace and quiet with just me and Paul and soak up the special time we have together. 

As of Friday, the doctor says that baby was still hanging out with me for a bit, but that it could change any day!  So here's to hoping that some more progress is made by Friday:) 

During my waiting period I am doing a lot of research on deals for moms and thanks to my friend, Kimberly, learned about Amazon Mom.  For all moms out there, go to www.amazon.com/mom - you can get 30% off all diapers & wipes and 15% off household items if you sign up for automatic delivery - delivery is free, no tax and it is a HUGE savings! OK, so there's my plug for the week!

Hopefully more updates to come very soon!  At least I now know the end is in sight, even if Baby Mikulski decides to show up late...ugh! But he or she is going to officially be an Aquarius just like Mommy! 

Have a great week!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. jen, you will be amazed at how much your heart grows once baby is here. it's awesome! i cannot wait for you to experience it. even through all the sleep deprivation and questions (am i doing this right? is that normal? etc.) and through all the late nights/early mornings... somehow just looking at baby takes it all away and brings you back to the reality of his/her existence. it is so, so cool.

    so you are more preggo than i was, i can't totally relate with the waiting game, but seriously before you know it, the little one will be safe in your arms and you will be overjoyed! do you sit in the nursery all the time? i totally did :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete