Sunday, February 20, 2011

Introducing Kate Ellen, born February 15, 2011

Well, at last, I have a real update for you and now am so proud to introduce Kate Ellen Mikulski.  Paul & I were admitted on Monday night (02/14/11) and induced Tuesday morning.  We got the show going at 8am and by 2:21pm, Kate decided to arrive.  She weighed in at 7lbs, 6oz and was 21 inches long.  She did great and I feel well.  It is amazing how much we love her already and the love keeps growing exponentially. 

We came home on Thursday and have had a few good nights.  I have even managed to get about 4-5 hours of sleep per night (of course, not all at the same time).  My mom (aka Nonnie) is here until March 1st and helping out a lot with the night time duty along with Paul.

Here are a few pictures I took today.  I am working on remembering to keep the shutter going as she will not be this teeny tiny for long.

XOXO,
Jen (aka Mommy)




3 comments:

  1. oh my word! preshy (as ellen's mom would say)! she is perfect jen! people always say "sleep when the baby sleeps" and you should totally do it as much as you can, especially early on. later, you will be able to "get stuff done" while she sleeps, but right now and while she's eating all the time (what it seems like i'm sure!), sleep when you can and don't say NO to anyone's help! i wish we could bring you dinner :)
    lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is perfect! looks like you are settling in at home nicely and she's already trying out the swing! hope you all get some rest & enjoy this time at home together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious. I'm so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete